Fall Bible Studies
Mondays, 9:30-11:00 am
Book of John
Led by Barbara Nevins, Fellowship Hall 1
The apostle John wrote his gospel account as proof that Jesus was the true Messiah. Each week, we will be reading and highlighting passages in the book of John on our own and then meeting together as a group to discuss and dig deeper into the scriptures.
Drawing Near: A Study on the Psalms
Led by Kelley Brown & Jackie Basik, Fellowship Hall 4
Psalms has bee called the “book of emotions.” The prayerful psalms explore everything from joy and praise to anger and sorrow; but every psalm leads back to God. Whether you’re searching for encouragement for a crisis, or simply to find God in the ordinary, this book of the Bible leads you into the presence of God.
Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00 am
1st and 2nd Timothy
Led by Beth Yoe, A220
We will delve into these two letters from Paul to Timothy and discover how to fight the good fight of faith; how to walk in a manner worthy of the Gospel, and how to stand firm in God’s perfect will – mature and fully assured. This study will also encourage your heart just as Paul’s words encouraged Timothy.
Led by Michelle Long, A221
This study is based on the lives of people in the scriptures who learned to live loved, even in the midst of rejection. Through this video series by Lysa TerKeurst, we will explore what the Bible teaches about God’s great love for us, and His plan that we would not only know His love, but also pass it on to others. Study guides are $14.
Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 am
Foundations of the Faith
Led by Janet Lamar, Fellowship Hall 4
This is a group for women who want to read and study through the Bible in one year. Each week, we will be reading and highlighting scripture on our own and then meeting together as a group to discuss and dig deeper into the scriptures. Study guide are $14.
The Amazing Collection
Led by Sherri Ash, A220
We will be studying the New Testament through this video series, one book per week. It is a wonderful way to not only gain understanding of the big picture of God’s story, but also to learn the basic truths embedded in each book of the New Testament. Study Guides are $10.
Thursdays, 10:00-11:30 am
Bible Study – I & II Peter
Led by Mary Glynn Peeples, Fellowship Hall
This is a drop in study and registration is not provided. Childcare is not available for this study.
Fall Bible Studies Registration
Please register by September 3rd. Childcare space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
We have some incredible events planned for the women of MBCC this year! Each event is designed to draw us closer to the Lord and to each other through community, mission, discipleship, and worship.
Please make plans to be a part of these events! More info and registration coming soon.
- The Heart of Christmas – Wednesday, December 6th – 7:00 pm
- 2018 Women’s Conference: Hope Heals with Katherine Wolf – Saturday, January 27, 2018 – Click here for more info. Tickets on sale November 1st.
- Day of Prayer & Fasting – Tuesday, March 13, 2018 – 6:00 pm
- Women’s Beach Retreat (Sandestin Beach Resort) – Thursday-Sunday, April 25-29, 2018
- Restoration Academy: Tutoring & Reading to Children, All ages of children are in need of tutors or you can also read to children. Contact Betsy Colvin for more info on these opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grace Village Community Garden: The garden always needs volunteers on a regular or a one time basis. You can cut flowers, di in the dirt, or harvest vegetables. Contact Ann Lee at email@example.com.
- Lighthouse Family Retreat Mission Trip: Lighthouse Family Retreat is a Christian ministry that provides a week to relax and refresh for families dealing with childhood cancer. The MBCC women will have several spots reserved for one of the retreats (June or July 2018). Please contact Bronwyn Cardwell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Worship Times: Sundays at 8:30 and 11:00, Community Groups at 9:45