Through women’s weekly Bible Studies, we offer an opportunity to study the Word of God, to pray for each other, and to enjoy the sweet fellowship of the body of Christ. A variety of studies are offered on various days of the week, with most studies containing 8-12 women each. Please find details of fall Bible studies below.
Most studies begin the week of January 15th. Mary Glynn Peeples’ study will begin on Thursday, January 11th. Due to the MLK Holiday, the Monday studies won’t begin until January 22nd. Please register by January 8th if you need childcare. Childcare space is limited.
Spring Bible Studies
Mondays, 9:30-11:00 am
Book of John
Led by Barbara Nevins, Fellowship Hall 1
The apostle John wrote his gospel account as proof that Jesus was the true Messiah. Each week, we will be reading and highlighting passages in the book of John on our own and then meeting together as a group to discuss and dig deeper into the scriptures. This study does not begin until January 22nd.
A Study of Hebrews
Led by Kelley Brown & Jackie Basik, Fellowship Hall 4
If you’ve ever felt like one more disappointment or trial will sink your faith, a study of Jesus in the book of Hebrews will solidify your beliefs, encourage your heart, and steady your balance. Explore through Scripture how our hope in Jesus is an anchor for our souls and the key to building resilient faith. This study does not begin until January 22nd.
Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00 am
1st and 2nd Peter
Led by Beth Yoe, A220
Malachi by Lisa Harper
Led by Michelle Long, A221
Wednesdays, 9:30-11:00 am
The Amazing Collection
Led by Sherri Ash, A220
We will be studying the New Testament through this video series, one book per week. It is a wonderful way to not only gain understanding of the big picture of God’s story, but also to learn the basic truths embedded in each book of the New Testament. Study Guides are $10.
Thursdays, 10:00-11:30 am
Bible Study – I & II Peter
Led by Mary Glynn Peeples, Fellowship Hall
This is a drop in study and registration is not provided. Childcare is not available for this study.
This study will meet January 11th – April 5th.
We have some incredible events planned for the women of MBCC this year! Each event is designed to draw us closer to the Lord and to each other through community, mission, discipleship, and worship.
Please make plans to be a part of these events! More info and registration coming soon.
- 2018 Women’s Conference: Hope Heals with Katherine Wolf – Saturday, January 27, 2018 – Click here for more info. Tickets on sale now!
- Day of Prayer & Fasting – Tuesday, March 13, 2018 – 6:00 pm – Registration coming soon!
- Women’s Beach Retreat (Sandestin Beach Resort) – Thursday-Sunday, April 26-29, 2018 – Click here to register.
- Restoration Academy: Tutoring & Reading to Children, All ages of children are in need of tutors or you can also read to children. Contact Betsy Colvin for more info on these opportunities at email@example.com.
- Grace Village Community Garden: The garden always needs volunteers on a regular or a one time basis. You can cut flowers, di in the dirt, or harvest vegetables. Contact Ann Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lighthouse Family Retreat Mission Trip: Lighthouse Family Retreat is a Christian ministry that provides a week to relax and refresh for families dealing with childhood cancer. The MBCC women will have several spots reserved for one of the retreats (June or July 2018). Please contact Bronwyn Cardwell at email@example.com for more info.
Worship Times: Sundays at 8:30 & 11:00, Community Groups at 9:45